Resources on Curriculum Development, Assessment, Learning Outcomes and Quality Indicators
- http://ontarioedudevelopers.wikispaces.com/Group5 — includes links to university program learning outcomes gathered from a wide selection of universities around the world
- http://www.saea.uottawa.ca/ — University of Ottawa’s Teaching and Learning Support Service
- http://cll.mcmaster.ca/COU/ — information and resources related to undergraduate and graduate degree level expectations
- Wolf, P. and J. Christensen Hughes (eds). Curriculum Development in Higher Education: Faculty Driven Processes and Practices. New Directions for Teaching and Learning. Volume 112, Winter 2007 (www.interscience.wiley.com)
- Wolf P., Hill A., and F. Evers. Handbook for Curriculum Assessment. Winter 2006. University of Guelph, Teaching Support Services
- National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Champaign, IL — occasional paper series available at www.learningoutcomesassessment.org
- Liberal Education and America’s Promise (LEAP) (www.aacu.org/leap/) — information on learning outcomes in undergraduate programs
- Kuh, G.D. and P.T. Ewell (2010). The state of learning outcome assessment in the United States. Higher Education Management and Policy Volume 22/1:9-28.
- Coates, H. (2010). Defining and Monitoring academic standards in Australian higher education. Higher Education Management and Policy Volume 22/1:29-45.
- Christensen Hughes, J. and J. Mighty (eds). Taking Stock: Research on Teaching and Learning in Higher Education. Montreal and Kingston: Queen’s Policy Studies Series, McGill-Queen’s University Press, 2010
Thanks to Bob Parsons, University of Ottawa; Peter Wolf, University of Guelph; and Karen Nicholson, McMaster University, for their advice and input to this section of the Guide.