Curriculum Design References and Resources
For those institutions that have one, the Teaching and Learning Office will be able to provide additional assistance in this area.
- Diamond, R.M. Designing Courses and Curricula. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 1998
- Wolf, P. Curriculum Evolution Process Overview, University of Guelph, 2007
- Wolf, P., Hill, A. and F. Evers. Handbook for Curriculum Assessment. University of Guelph, 2006
- Wolf, P. and J. Christensen Hughes (eds). Curriculum Development in Higher Education: Faculty Driven Processes and Practices. New Directions for Teaching and Learning 112: 2007. www.josseybass.com
Contains the following chapters:
- Hubball, H. and N. Gold. The Scholarship of Curriculum Practice and Undergraduate Program Reform: Integrating Theory into Practice. (p. 5-20).
- Roy, D., Borin, P. and E. Kustra. Assisting Curriculum Change Through Departmental Initiatives. (pp. 21-32).
- Hill. A. Continuous Curriculum Assessment and Improvement: A Case Study. (p. 33-45).
- Devine, S.M., Daly, K., Lero, D. and C. MacMartin. Designing a New Program in Family Relations and Applied Nutrition. (p. 47-57).
- Pennee, DP. Between Cultures: Using Curriculum Assessment to Develop and Deliver the Integrated Core of an Arts and Sciences Program. (p. 59-67).
- Zundel, P. and T. Mengel. The University of New Brunswick’s Renaissance College: Curricular Evolution and Assessment at the Faculty Level. (p. 69-82).
- Evers, F. and J. Wolstenholme. Integrating Knowledge, Skills and Values into the Curriculum Development Process at University of Guelph-Humber. (p. 83-91).
- Hubball, H., Gold, N., Mighty, J. and J. Britnell. Supporting the Implementation of Externally Generated Learning Outcomes and Learning-Centered Curriculum Development: An Integrated Framework. (p. 93-105).
- Hughes, J.C. Supporting Curriculum Assessment and Development: Implications for the Faculty Role and Institutional Support. (p. 107-110).
- Resource for Curriculum Mapping (free) from Tufts University
- Maggie Cusson, Carleton University, Moving Towards an Outcomes-Based Curriculum
- Carlton University – Degree Level Expectations March 2012
- Ryerson University, Curriculum Development
- University of Guelph, Course progression maps
- University of Waterloo, Curriculum Mapping Template